Saturday, January 20, 2007

Graduated!

Today I received my Postgraduate Certificate in learning and teaching in Higher Education. While in itself not a very major award (it's just the first step towards my Masters and, hopefully, a PhD) it was a nice opportunity to experience an anglosaxon style graduation.

On the right here you can see me in my fancy dress. One up front, and one from the back, so that you can see the colours on my robe. Every type of award has it's own colourcode here, made up from the basic colours of the university. For Derby those are red and light blue.


The broad blue and red bands indicate that I am a graduate Bachelor of Science, and the dark blue below that on the cape indicates that this has now been extended with a Postgraduate Award. Once I manage to complete my Masters degree the dark blue cape will get a red rim. a phD robe is different entirely and is competely blue with red accents. For now though, I'll settle for the black.

(for those interested, you can click on a picture to enlarge it)

No comments: